by Tom Sharp
How to be a genius
About this book
– With a little preparation, you can be a genius.
– A genius can rely on the unexpected.
– A true genius disregards what others think.
– A genius takes advice from others.
– World experts are specialists.
– Many discoveries involve crossing disciplines.
– A six-year old and a genius both ask why.
– A genius never gives up.
There’s an art to it
– Even an artist can be a genius.
Who said it would be easy?
– Actually, it’s difficult.
– Reading books doesn’t make a genius out of you.
– A genius is not an egotist.
Separating the chaff
– One pearl my lie among a hundred shells.
Nothing is sacred
– Question even the sacred.
– A genius has an open mind.
– The secret of productivity is to lower your standards.
– Being a genius is a process.
– Everyone is special, including you.
– A genius has clarity.
– “Apology” is not the study of apples.
– Being a genius in one thing is sufficient.
– A genius takes chances.
– You credit it to talent when you don’t know how it’ done.
You do what you can
– As a genius, you do what can.
– A genius doesn’t care about his hair.
– A genius will give it a chance.
Fear of the unknown
– A genius chips away at the fear like a sculptor.
– A genius is curious.
– You don’t need to be like other geniuses.
– A genius won’t necessarily tell you so.
– You should treat strangers with respect.
– Genius is not a hereditary title.
– The world doesn’t owe a genius anything special.
Trust in yourself
– A genius trusts in him or herself.
– Being a genius doesn’t mean you’re schizophrenic.
IQ and you
– Not all geniuses test well.
– A genius makes his or her own map.
– Don’t waste your genius.
Finding your genius
– If you haven’t found your genius, look again.
– Even a good guidebook will fall short.
– Everyone has beauty inside.
– You have a spirit.
– Your genius is a gift.
– Maybe being a genius is perfectly natural.
– Don’t compare yourself to famous geniuses.
– Your genius is independent of what anyone else expects.
Free to be free
– Boundless energy is yours.
Books by Tom Sharp
Copyright © 2021