by Tom Sharp
About this book
Ancient Chinese curse
– May you live in interesting times.
Living in interesting times
– We are now all cursed.
– People rely on these fabricated narratives.
– It’s noble to believe in the impossible.
– We take precautions.
– A person with comfortable habits doesn’t have OCD.
– Avoiding illness is more difficult than deferring gratification.
– Is the universe cold and impersonal?
After parents die
– Their children become the adults in the room.
– Not everyone lies.
– Everyone is supposed to have a vote.
– Parents bury their children.
– Windows are papered over.
– The invisible threat is also silent.
– Difficulties engender difficulties.
– It takes us for a ride.
– Online meetings take more effort.
– Bad things happen.
– Good things happen without your having to ask.
Taking things for granted
– Don’t take your blessings for granted.
– Hope is almost too much.
– Stress is wearing us down.
Hummingbirds in the snow
– The natural order is turvy.
What I didn’t need to do for love
– I didn’t need to say “I love you.”
Books by Tom Sharp
Copyright © 2021