For their wedding, Liz and Tom Sharp offered friends and family an opportunity to read love poems during the ceremony. Liz searched the literature and sent selections to possible readers.
- Clifford Schwartz volunteered to read all the selections.
- Gil Helmick read “Hope is the Thing with Feathers” by Emily Dickenson.
- Bill Vartnaw read “She Walks in Beauty” by Lord Byron.
- Gabrielle and Mike Seibel read “The Passionate Shepherd to His Love” by Christopher Marlowe.
- Jeffrey Kahrs read excerpts from the Song of Solomon.
- Susan and Tom Garrison read 1 Corinthians, 13.
- Clifford Schwartz read “Sonnet 116” by Shakespeare.
Subsequently, Clifford Schwartz emailed to Liz and Tom his readings of the poems that you can listen to in this book by clicking the photographs to the left of the titles.
Click a photo the left of the title to play a reading of the poem. Click a second time to stop the reading that is playing.
is a teacher of Shakespeare and poetry, a consulting historian of poetry, and an actor and voiceover performer.
All photographs were taken by Jo Seese on 31 August 2008.
You may to share comments on this work.