- Sure, sometimes you get bewildered
- and don’t understand the most obvious
- but if you don’t stand still and ask questions
- you’ll end up lost and in the dark for
- If someone is trying to confuse you
- or use you for whatever personal gain,
- you won’t know unless you pursue it
- and can throw the whole thing back at him.
- And don’t think you can just do what I
- I’m not the one to gain from your success.
- Some say it’s better to be suspected a fool
- than to open your mouth and remove all doubt,
- but I say a fool is afraid others will know;
- you should be afraid of more serious things
- like failing to learn from failing to take risks
- or being too proud to be a little humble.
- You’re probably not as dumb as you think,
- but don’t let it go to your head.
- What you’re after is a careful balance
- between humility and dumb luck,
- too much humility causing insecurity,
- too much dumb luck causing pride.
- It’s probably better not to talk about it.
- The way I see it, we’re all on the same
- Be yourself, but what kind of a person are you?
- Whatever you do is more decisive
- than what anyone says about you,
- but you’re no longer an innocent child,
- and you shouldn’t be leaving things to chance.
- Just give each minute all you’ve
- Constant effort for constant improvements,
- no matter how little at each shot.