- revives the souls of the dead with a wave of his
- He tested the fidelity of his beautiful young wife
- by feigning death with powerful spells
- and assuming the shape of a handsome young man.
- Then he won the love of his “widow,”
- and asked for his own brain
- to use in a powerful potion.
- When she opened to coffin to comply,
- her “late” husband came to life while her lover
disappeared into thin air.
- She hung herself in shame.
- He is depicted in old prints as a fat man holding the fan
- with which he revived the souls of the dead