- Chronological index
- Index by scientist
- Eponymous milestones
- Index by science
- Index by keyword
- Keyword beginning:
The main entries in this index are titles of poems
that link to milestones in the chronological index.
When one of these is green, it is followed by a line from the poem,
which links to the poem itself.
Multiple lines of the same poem appear in order of appearance.
This index does not serve as an index for scientists or sciences.
A few statements on what I include:
- Mainly nouns; sometimes gerunds.
- Almost no verb.
- Hardly ever an adjective unless it describes a people, country, or language.
- Scientists by last name only if they are mentioned in a milestone
that they do not get credit for.
- Plurals are included under their singular forms.
- For the page on the digits 0 through 9, I do not include dates or atomic numbers.
I index a number by only its first digit.
A few statements on alphabetization:
- Initial articles “A” and “The” are ignored.
- Lower case is preferred; otherwise, capitalization is ignored.
- Spaces are ignored.
- Punctuation is ignored.
- Uncapitalized name prefixes, such as in the name “van der Waal,” are ignored
(so that “van der Waal,” is indexed under W).
- Prepositions are not ignored.
- British spellings (e.g., “colour”) are placed under their American spellings.
- Plurals are placed under their singulars, even for irregular plurals such as “people”
- Sorry, I make mistakes, but bear with me; eventually,
I’ll find and fix them.
Alphabetical index by keyword
U N D E R C O N S T R U C T I O N
& I N C O M P L E T E
Each document in this keyword index covers keywords beginning with a single letter of the alphabet: