|Karol Pollak electromagnetism|
- Karol Pollak
- invented the diode bridge
- also known as the Graetz bridge
- or the bridge rectifier.
- An arrangement of diodes
- that permit current in only one direction
- converts alternating current
- into direct current.
- Leo Graetz popularized Pollak’s bridge
- and was German instead of Polish
- assuming that had anything to do with it.
- My father once showed me one
- and I held it in my hand
- not as a component of a circuit
- but as a work of sculpture
- with a hidden purpose
- that was no longer needed.