|E. O. Wilson sociobiology|
- E. O. Wilson didn’t invent sociobiology,
- but he wrote the textbook on it,
- asserting that social behaviors have evolved
- as have physical traits,
- but he raisied controversy by his application
- of sociobiology to human societies,
- showing that even humans have instinctual behaviors,
- and that kin or group selection supports altruism.
Nature versus nurture
- Cultural universals suggest
- something is natural
- about many human behaviors.
- Some thought that what
- made humankind human
- was the lack of instinctual behavior.
- Behavioralists taught
- they could train anyone to do anything
- whatsoever when they grew up.
- Others maybe didn’t want
- to give anything credit
- other than their own efforts.