|Alfred Lauck Parson electromagnetism|
- Alfred Lauck Parson improved the Bohr model
- by adding particles that can emit and absorb
- electromagnetic radiation.
- Parson broke up Bohrs orbiting electron
- into a host of infinitesimal charge elements
- that circulated in a stable toroidal ring.
- Parson’s electrons and protons
- were both made of bundles of fibers
- that twist about the toroid like a Slinky.
- One question is whether the electron is point-like.
- If an electron has no substructure, can it have a spin
- and an electron magnetic dipole moment?
- Well, it’s easier to imagine tiny donuts,
- although it’s more point-like than we can measure,
- and it still has a spin and a magnetic moment.
- Logic would show
- an electron orbits its nucleus
- like a planet orbits its star.
- While I’m at it,
- logic should also show
- happiness is attainable,
- democracy governs best,
- and might never makes right.
- Logic will never show
- why people prefer the evil they know.